Warning: If you're going to search HOT NAKED PASTA, make sure you designate it as an exact match. I came up with some less than savory results...
But, I did ultimately find it. The idea of it sounded good, and the added parmesan suggestion of the pinner seemed like an improvement, and I made a few alterations of my own.
Here's my (rough, annotated) recipe:
- 1 pound long pasta (I used thin spaghetti because it was the thickest long pasta I had, but linguine would be good)
- 2 garlic cloves (I sauteed it; I don't do raw garlic; could add more next time...)
- 1-1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- 1/4 C olive oil (I think I used less; I just swirled it around the bowl a couple times)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 C reserved starchy pasta water
- <1C shredded (not grated) Parmesan cheese (? a handful +/-, less than half of the 2-C package)
Boil water. Add pasta. Duh. Drain pasta, reserving a small amount of pasta water. Put pasta water in serving bowl and mix in seasonings, cheese, and oil while pasta drains. Add pasta and toss thoroughly. Top with a couple fingerfulls of cheese.
We had some warm Italian bread with it, which helped soothe our burning mouths! It was really good though. I left some white and just topped it with marinara for the boys. I thought it would be too intense for them.
This would be great for company-- remind me of that if I ever invite you over :)